Union Park Throwback T-Shirt
The park officially opened on April 26, 1891. Visitors were charged ten cents at the beginning of the trip out and then a nickel half way because the conductor could not be sure they were going all the way to the park. The return trip cost fifteen cents charged at the park. Cars had to be run every ten minutes to handle the crowds of people. The refreshments, "eating booth," and amusement privileges were sold to Morgan & Shea on May 8, 1891, for $1,800. Their plans called for building a dance hall. Regular entertainment would be planned twice each week during the season. On April 27 work began on a dance pavilion and refreshment booth. Other buildings initially planned for the grounds included a small pavilion for parties and living quarters for park employees. On May 21 park officials announced that concerts would be presented every Wednesday and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoon during the season.
Both the transportation to the park and entertainment improved. In July new cars were introduced by Allen & Swinney featuring a windshield in front of the driver. A trailer or open car was also in constant use for those who chose the open air. The bowling alley was in full operation and a lawn tennis court had been opened.
Money soon became an impossible obstacle for the park's owners. Sidewalks were rare, a theater planned for the grounds became a second-class dance hall, and the bowling alley proved less than ideal. The company was also faced in September 1891 with the repeal of their charter if work on streetcars lines in the city was not finished.
Price
Options
Color
Size
Quantity
minimum quantity: x available in bundles of: x Product ordered in bundles.
Size Guide
| XS | Small | Medium | Large | X Large | 2X Large | 4X Large | 3X Large | |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| Chest | 32-34 | 35-37 | 38-40 | 41-43 | 44-46 | 47-49 | 54-57 | 50-53 |


